Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A little excitement

I haven't posted anything for awhile, because I am a blog drop out! No, I am just kidding, I just haven't had much to say. Anyway, today something happened that I thought was worth blogging about. I was talking on the phone to my good friend Elise when I saw a little shadow through the curtain. It looked like a a scorpion.... I said a few choice words into the phone and told Elise there was a scorpion in my house and I had to go. I knew I didn't have the guts to squish a scorpion, but I hoped I could muster them up. After taking a better look I realized that it was just a harmless little gecko. But was still very freaked out by the little reptile. I called my mom and told her, then I tried to call Jason who didn't answer. I called my sweet sister-in-law Heidi who came to my aid and brought her son over to catch the little creature. He deposited him in the backyard where I wouldn't be quite so freaked out by him if I saw him back there. I can always count on Heidi! I know she thinks I am a big baby-but still rescued me anyway! She is such a great sister-in-law. Here is a picture of the little bugger. You can have a good laugh because it is a tiny little thing. By the way, when I tried to post this before my computer freaked out and disconnected from the internet, so sorry for the tease.



7 comments:

Jenn and Tyler said...

Was that a tease, or did your pics not post? I've been waiting for you to post for a while Jolisa! If you're going to be a blogger I think there's some sort of rule about posting at least every 10 days or so, 2 weeks max!!!!! I'm anxious to hear from you! Hope you're having a great summer!

Heidi said...

haahaaa! I'm waiting for the picture! SHEESH, woman! Here I am all excited that you have something to blog about - how the landlords son came to your rescue - and what? come'on, you can do it! Rossi wants to see it!

Elise said...

I can see how that can be mistaken for a scorpion. I'm glad they caught it for you I hate things that move! I'm ok until they move and then I freak out (spiders...anything) Call me again when you don't have strange creatures roaming around your house. :)

Sara-Lynn said...

So funny! I would have made Gavin get it for me too, so I totally understand. I make him kill spiders for me.

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

You are so funny. Silly girl. =)

Michelle said...

I love reading your posts, send more with pics. I have got to see little William and how much he is growing. Sorry about the gecko (Spelling) Good thing Ross was there to rescue you. Why aren't boys afraid of these things?

Jenn and Tyler said...

okay, so I finally got back on your blog to see what you had wanted to post about, thanks for the explanation! you are so silly but I would have acted the same way! Who would guess you could find geckoes in your house! Hope you're not running into any more scorpions!
Post pics of the kids!!!!!!